Saturday, August 8, 2009

Arrived in Guangzhou, Day 1



We made the short flight to Guangzhou yesterday without any problems (thank you everyone for all prayers). Isaiah loved the plane ride and stared out the window the whole ride. Guangzhou is beautiful and much like a major US city (reminds me of New York or Atlanta). Our hotel is one of the nicest I've seen in China. We really thought we would be 'roughing it' here but it's been great.
Isaiah had his medical review today and, besides some crying at the TB test, it went smoothly. The rest of the day consists of his US visa paperwork.
The video shows how independent he is.....he wants to do everything himself and doesn't give up! He is strong-willed and VERY sarcastic with us. I never imagined that we could bond with a complete stranger so quickly but we feel such love for him already. Most other families here are adopting special needs children, some with severe handicaps. Seeing them and Isaiah proves to me more everyday that Christ knows our days before we are born and had a plan for Isaiah long before Joanna and I decided to adopt. Thank you Father for using us!!

Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.
Psalms 68:5-6

3 comments:

  1. He fits right in with your family!! I feel so much love for him already and I have not even met him yet. I can't imagine what it will be like when I squeeze that boy!! God is so good. I love that He has given you a bond with Isaiah and that you feel like he has been yours since he was born. Now get to this paper work so you can bring him back to the crazy family he has waiting here!!!!!!
    I love you all,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys and Isaiah and I can't wait to meet him.
    Love Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little man!!

    Miss and love ya'll

    Leah

    ReplyDelete